Visit the Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad, India and you’ll discover a haven of mixology. Bartender Gautam Shah uses local ingredients from the estate grounds to mix fresh, seasonal drinks that you can enjoy in the lush Hookah Lounge. This sour martini highlights jasmine flowers and fresh-squeezed lemon juice for a refreshing take on an old classic. Palace or no palace, we recommend you sip this summertime drink outdoors.
Related article: Hyderabad, India: How To Drink Like A Nizam
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- small handful fresh jasmine flowers
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- Steep the jasmine flowers in the syrup until very fragrant. Allow to cool.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine 1 part lemon juice, 2 parts jasmine syrup and 3 parts vodka. Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a jasmine flower.