Chilled soups are a delicious way to start of your meal, and they make for great appetizers when throwing a party. They’re quick and easy to make, but remember a little goes a long way. This is not a hearty stew that you’d serve a heaping bowl full of. Think shot glasses for a passed hors d’oeuvres, or tasting size cups if you’re serving as a starter.
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- 1 honeydew melon, ripe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey, *optional, you may choose to skip if your melon is sweet enough
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, if needed to thin out the soup
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the melon, mint, lime juice and honey until smooth. If it is too thick you can add the pineapple juice.
- Chill for at least one hour or overnight. Serve chilled.