Donna Hay, Australia’s go-to home cook, has a new collection of recipes out that will inspire you to eat more healthfully while sacrificing nothing in terms of flavor and aesthetics. Whether you’re making yourself a casual lunch or masterminding an upscale dinner party, this is one book that will help ensure that everyone is nourished, satisfied and eager to know where you got the recipe. These kale, pea and ricotta fritters pack a nutritious punch and look beautiful on a platter.
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and crushed
- 3 cups finely shredded kale leaves
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Baba ganoush, watercress sprigs and lemon wedges, to serve
For the fritters
Place the peas, kale, ricotta, eggs, chia seeds, lemon rind, mint, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix to combine and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
Heat a little of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Shape the mixture into 2-tablespoon patties and flatten slightly.
Cook, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil as necessary.
Divide between serving plates and top with baba ganoush. Serve with watercress and lemon wedges.