I am a firm believer that alcohol belongs in food as much as it does in a bottle, so I paired gin, with its nice woodsy undertones, with the sweetness of brown sugar for a Gin and Lemon Chicken Wings recipe so easy that you can prepare it during commercials.
- 4 pounds chicken wings, at room temperature
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Gin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Whisk all the ingredients together, except the wings.
- Toss the wings in the mixture, making sure they are completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the wings on the foil in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.