Ah, the Southern life. Whenever we feel the need for ultimate comfort recipes we turn to Southern Living magazine's new Feel Good Food cookbook. This recipe for an Eggs Benedict BLT sure sounds like it'll make us feel good, but let's enjoy it for brunch just to make sure. Remember that time you were trying to choose between the Eggs Benedict and the BLT? Good times.
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 3/4-inch thick bakery bread slices, toasted
- 3 cups firmly packed arugula
- 12 thick bacon slices, cooked
- Combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients and 2 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add water to depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar. Break eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer each with 1/2 cup arugula, 2 bacon slices, and 1 egg. Top with tomato mixture.
Try out these eggs benedict recipes on Food Republic: