We’ve looked at the ultra classic Negroni, but the Manhattan Cocktail Classic will also be featuring some new takes on the traditional, like this East Indian Negroni from Jim Meehan of the speakeasy-inspired cocktail mecca PDT in NYC.
Jim swaps out the gin for rum and a sweet sherry for the vermouth for an exotic spin on the bittersweet Italian classic.
- 2 ounces Banks 5-Island Rum
- 3/4 ounces Campari
- 3/4 ounces Lustau East India Sherry
- orange twist, for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass, add ice.
- Stir and then strain into a rocks glass filled with one large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange twist.