Chop the cucumbers fine or use the shredding blade on a mandolin—this will extract maximum flavors and mellow the kick of the vinegar. A great addition to gin or sake drinks.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) finely diced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl, muddle cucumbers, honey and mint until the honey is well blended and the herbs are bruised.
- Add vinegar and transfer mixture to a sterilized glass jar.
- Allow mixture to rest in the refrigerator for two days, then strain through a fine mesh sieve or muslin cloth. Discard leftover cucumbers and mint.
- Shrub will keep for up to one month, refrigerated.