My tasters liked these because they have a ton of zingy flavor without the bite of hot wings. The pepper also makes a crunchy coating. If you end up wanting to add heat (hey, we’re indecisive too), a few dashes of habanero sauce should do the trick.
- 1/4 cup lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 chicken wings, cut in half at joints, wing tips removed and discarded
- On a plate, combine the lemon pepper and chives.
- Pour the olive oil in a separate small bowl. Dip the wings lightly in the olive oil, then roll in the lemon pepper mixture. Let the coated wings sit for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking.
- Place the wings on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Watch carefully and adjust the heat to avoid burning the coating.