We love guacamole. We could publish a thousand guac recipes and still have testing chips left over (homemade tortilla and homemade potato chips, of course). This updated version, a creamy guacamole dip recipe, features a protein hit from Greek yogurt and total incorporation of both garlic and jalapeño to ensure that every bite is just as piquant as the last. If you want a spicier dip, leave the seeds from the pepper in the mix — but don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted and scooped out
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder, plus more for garnish
- Juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- In a food processor, pulse jalapeño and garlic until minced.
- Add yogurt, avocados, chile powder, lime juice and salt and process until smooth.