We can only hope you know the sweetness of the perfect barbecue sauce. It’s tangy and a little spicy too, but when the sweet flavor hits that fatty meat it’s a force to be reckoned with. Plenty of people just use brown sugar in their barbecue sauce recipes, but we’ve found that 2/3 of a can of Coke gives it a sharp, sweet kick.
Just make sure the soda’s flat. Or don’t — we’re sure you’re one of those guys who just loves scraping burnt crap off your stovetop.
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces flat regular cola
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sauce ingredients.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.