The King of Cocktails, the martini is the most iconic mixed drink in the world. The name itself conjures up an image of the V-shaped cocktail glass with one olive resting in its depths. Many theories debate the origin of this drink. What is not in question is that this cocktail has evolved over time.
While having the illusion of simplicity, the dry martini takes years to master. The clear stillness and serenity of the final cocktail is an expression of the years of wisdom and experience of the person stirring it. The proper execution of this cocktail is a personal exercise in honing the craft of cocktail-making. Employees Only’s recipe for the dry martini is a combination of all our passion, persistence and heartbreak. You will need to make this cocktail countless times to discover your own way.
- 3 ounces Beefeater London Dry Gin
- 1/2 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
- 1 dash Reagan's No. 6 Orange Bitters
- lemon twist, for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add large cold ice and stir for 40 revolutions.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.