I love a no-cook breakfast that requires only slightly more effort than pouring milk over cereal in a bowl. Cinnamon toast is just that. There’s nothing like a hot, tasty and satisfying 5-minute meal. And while it’s totally cool that I have to poach five eggs to come out with two passable ones, it really is a lot cooler to slather toast with butter and sugar and Instagram it for an instant 17 or so likes.
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin or regular sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but not melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Toast both slices of bread, then remove from toaster.
- While still hot, spread butter mixture over both slices, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and eat immediately.