Cooking show host and clean-food enthusiast Donal Skehan has a new collection of recipes out that highlight the most flavorful parts of the healthiest foods. Using quality ingredients and simple techniques, Skehan puts his spin on classic dishes and invents his own ways to keep a great diet with lots of variety. If you’ve never tried chocolate avocado pudding, you’re in for a fresh treat!
A sweet and surprisingly delicious little dessert that will guarantee to have your guests guessing what the secret ingredient is.
- 3 ripe avocado, pitted, flesh scooped out
- Heaping 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs, plus extra for sprinkling
For the pudding
Place the avocados, cocoa powder, espresso powder, honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in the raw cacao nibs.
Transfer the mixture to 4 individual serving dishes, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, until slightly firm.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with a little more sea salt and raw cacao nibs.