Look at you, you had a great night. You had a special friend over and made a delicious Mexican dinner. Now it’s breakfast time and hey, you’re still (happily) entertaining someone! If you’ve got leftover beans and tortillas from last night and eggs in the fridge, you’ve almost got breakfast.
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 corn tortillas
- leftover beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 -1/2 cup grated cheese, like cheddar, jack or cojita
- salsa (red or green both work fine)
- hot sauce
- Fill a cast-iron skillet with enough oil for a tortilla to just be floating and turn to high heat.
- Fry up a couple tortillas until they are golden-brown and crispy. Dump the oil, then reheat the pan over medium heat.
- Fry two eggs in the pan, and while they are cooking, reheat your leftover beans in the microwave.
- Put each of those crisped-up tortillas on a plate and layer some beans on top. Once your eggs are perfectly fried, set them on top of the beans, and throw some cheese, salsa and hot sauce on top. Do this right, and you’ll be scrounging for lunch ideas before you know it.
Try out these brunch recipes on Food Republic: