Mixologist Graham Case at the legendary Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee loaned us his recipe for what very well may be the perfect fall beverage.
Pumpkin carving contests, corn mazes and late-night bonfires are just a few of the things that come to mind each year as October begins. As the local farmers fill Blackberry’s kitchen with their harvest of bright orange pumpkins, inspiration lends to the creation of a drink that captures the beauty and care with which this product is grown. The “Harvest Brew” infuses natural pumpkin flavor with Rogue Dead Guy Ale’s German Maibock qualities.
- 1 1/2 ounce Corsair Pumpkin Spice Moonshine
- 2 dashes Free Bros. black walnut bitters
- 1/4 ounce Root liqueur
- 1/4 ounce housemade pumpkin syrup
- 1 bottle Rouge Dead Guy Ale
- 3 pumpkin seeds
- In a footed pilsner glass, add the moonshine followed by the beer.
- Add the bitters, liqueur and syrup.
- Stir together and then garnish with 3 pumpkin seeds.
More cocktails with beer on Food Republic: