If you are like us here at Food Republic, you are wondering what to do with all of those hard-boiled eggs leftover from last weekend’s Easter festivities. We thought it was a perfect time to unveil our best basic egg salad recipe.
The best egg salad is all about 2 key things: First is properly-sized diced hard-boiled eggs — too finely chopped means a mushy egg salad, so you want to leave them in nice-sized chunks. The second thing to keep in mind is the right proportion of mayonnaise to eggs — too much will again leave you with mush between two slices of bread.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
Mix all ingredients in bowl. That's it. Can be made in advance and chilled up to 24 hours.