Charoset is a simple fruit mixture that can be spread on matzo or eaten alone. This recipe includes the standard apples and walnuts, but there are many versions of this Seder favorite.
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine, sweet like Manischewitz
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine evenly.
- If you want this to be more of a spread, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until just forming a paste.
- Serve with matzo.