Banana bread is perfect for breakfast or lunch. It’s also a great way to use bananas that are brown and spotty. I like to double this recipe and make a big batch of banana bread on a lazy Sunday afternoon, that way I have a slice for every day of the week. Serve banana bread warm with a pat of butter, or dollop of cream or yogurt.
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of clove
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter and oil with the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the egg, spices, salt, baking soda and vanilla. After those things are well incorporated, mix in the flour, and stir lightly a few times until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for about one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Super-easy desserts on Food Republic: