You're always going to need to know the basics, so you might as well master them. That's why we picked up From Scratch, a book of classic recipes for preserves, pickles, spreads, charcuterie and of course, breakfast, by French cookbook authors Laurence and Gilles Laurendon. While the homemade yogurts look delicious, this tangy-salty-savory spin on bagels with lox seems like a better way to start your weekend morning.
- 4 sesame bagels
- 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons pickles
- 1 3/4 ounces fresh sprouts
- Cut each of the bagels in half and toast them.
- Chop the capers and the pickles.
- Generously cover each bagel half with the cheese spread.
- Add the capers, pickles and smoked salmon. Top the bagels off with the sprouts.
More super-simple brunch recipes on Food Republic: