Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. And please rate the podcast and leave comments!
It’s our 50th episode! We take a look back a couple of our favorite episodes featuring chefs Amanda Cohen, Esther Choi, Gail Simmons, Evan Funke and Diego Galicia. Then we head into taco talk with New York’s Alex Stupak, chatting about his growing Empellón empire. In Post Bites, comedian Kevin Yee tells us about how he once attempted to make a cup of hot chocolate for a friend. But first, the news:
- Alon Shaya has announced he is opening two restaurants in New Orleans and Denver this spring.
- Amy Poehler spoke on behalf of the One Fair Wage campaign in the fight for raising minimum wage this week.
- José Andrés has been named the James Beard Foundation’s Humanitarian of the Year.
- Applebee’s, along with sister chain IHOP, are closing more locations.
- How Alex Stupak Created The Jewel Of His Empellón Empire
- At Last! Smoked Salmon Tacos With Salmon Roe Salsa
- José Andrés Named JBF’s Humanitarian Of The Year
- Amy Poehler Joining Rally To Fight For Better Wages In Restaurant Industry
- Applebee’s Closed 99 Locations Last Year—And It’s About To Close Dozens More
- Alon Shaya Will Open Two New Restaurants This Year
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Our producer is Katie Guhl with assistance from Tiffany Do and additional editing by Manuel Sander. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.