Puerto Rico is still recovering from Hurricane Maria, which hit September 20th. To help, restaurants in New York, Los Angeles and across the country are creating ways for people to donate to relief efforts. Some restaurants and also focusing efforts to breast cancer research in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Find out how you can help below.
- New York’s fast-casual restaurant Mulberry & Vine is collecting donations for those affected by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. There will be bins collecting baby food, diapers, first aid supplies, batteries and feminine hygiene products. Patrons who make donations will receive a complimentary housemade lemonade, iced tea or infused water. Donations will be accepted until Saturday, October 14.
- For the month of October, New Jersey restaurants part of the 40NORTH hospitality group will donate $1 for every Fall Harvest Mule cocktail sold to the Susan G. Komen for breast cancer research.
- New York Comic Con has taken over Midtown for the weekend and the Westworld booth is slinging special cocktails for fans. Working with Chicago’s Lost Lake tiki bar, themed drinks are available at Mariposa Saloon where easter eggs from the HBO show are meant to offer fans sneak peeks of the upcoming second season. Find out more here.
- Starting tomorrow, LA Loves Puerto Rico brings together hundreds of restaurants and bars who are dedicating dishes for the cause for a week. Proceeds from these dishes will go to Unidos Por Puerto Rico (United for Puerto Rico). Check out the list of participating restaurants here.
- José Andrés’ World Central Kitchen is celebrating World Food Day on Friday, October 13 and are asking 150 nationwide restaurants to donate 10% of proceeds to the organization’s efforts in Puerto Rico and Haiti. Donations will benefit relief measures in PR, while also supporting a new culinary school in Port au Prince, Haiti.
- Tickets for Food Tank’s last New York event are now on sale. Coinciding with World Food Day on Monday, October 16, the non-profit is hosting a dance fundraiser with Broadway performers, fire breathers, snacks, drinks and more. All proceeds will go to benefit Feeding America in aiding hurricane-struck Puerto Rico.