Welcome to the FResh List! Every Friday morning, the dedicated staffers in FR’s New York City office compile a list of all the random things on their minds about the world of food and drink and beyond, as well as some names to know. Here they are, rounded up in a somewhat organized fashion:
- Guy Fieri costumes.
2. The beer fridge, kulfi pops and Colonel Tso’s cauliflower at Babu Ji.
3. New York chef Phillip Basone’s fried duck meatball at the Café Dolores pop-up. Stuffed with Brie, dressed with fonduta, tomato sugo and fennel.
4. Masaharu Morimoto’s new Japanese home-cooking cookbook.
5. Boozy Halloween punches for a better Halloween party.
6. Ludo Lefebvre and Shaq’s budding bromance.
— Ludo Lefebvre (@chefludo) October 26, 2016
7. Orin Swift.
8. Roads & Kingdoms’ breakfast section.
10. Bread scoring.
A video posted by Daniel Larsson (@danlarn) on
11. Donkey-milk chocolate.
12. Pete Wells 2-Star reviews.
13. Los Angeles food scene > NYC food scene?
14. Fermentation Week (coming next week to Food Republic).
15. Miles Thompson.
16. Dorothy Hamilton.
17. Fred water bottles.
18. Bill Telepan.
20. Sockeye salmon cooking trick: Pat dry, oil both sides, place on baking sheet, cook skin up a couple of inches under broiler for 4-8 minutes (check often).
21. Ashley Christensen.
22. The Shins’ Halloween-themed video.