Welcome to the FResh List! Every Friday morning, the dedicated staffers in FR’s New York City office compile a list of all the random things on their minds about the world of food and drink and beyond, as well as some names to know. Here they are, rounded up in a somewhat organized fashion:
1. Udon noodles.
2. Linton Hopkins.
3. Paul Bocuse (new, ginormous cookbook out November 1).
4. Bets for next “big” food city: Denver, Atlanta, Houston, Cincinnati(?).
5. NYC chef Suvir Saran (formerly of Devi, now at Tapestry).
6. The spicy fried grasshopper omelet and Oaxaca cheese tacos at Julian Medina’s Tacuba.
7. Mitch Leinhard.
10. Goat’s milk Camembert (try it melted on beet and chive spaetzle).
11. Zac Posen’s new Delta flight attendant uniforms (coming in 2018).
12. Chef Kelly Fields (Willa Jean in New Orleans) and her incredible fall pies: sweet potato, pineapple and toasted honey, and buttermilk chess pie with Louisiana citrus.
13. Christian Dominguez of NYC bar Mace.
14. The Doughboys podcast.
15. Habitat III.
16. Natural-wine fairs.
17. The Adventures of Fat Rice cookbook.
18. Dover Street Market.
19. Dodger Dogs.
20. Mark Hix.
21. Alexander Lobrano.
22. Thessaly La Force.
23. Asics Gel Lyte Tartufo — finally, a truffle-themed sneaker.