Fourth of July weekend! Is there a better time of the year to break out the meats, poultry and veggies and fire up the backyard grill? We think not. We’ve rounded up a bunch of our latest and greatest grilling tips, and included a step-by-step guide to homemade hot dogs — you know, for the more ambitious home cooks out there. Grab some frozé (don’t worry, we’ll explain that one) and get on it!
This weekend may be all about America, but we also took some time to investigate the vegetarian food scene in Mexico, the intricacies of assembling traditional Greek salads and how to make Korean chili crab. Also on tap this week? The rise of natural wines in NYC, the monitoring of trends in Chicago dining and the release of Zagat’s annual 30 Under 30 list.
All that and more on this week’s Hot Topics on Food Republic.
- Natural wine is fueling NYC’s Lower East Side. Here’s how.
- We’ve spotted five trends in Chicago restaurants this summer.
- We searched for vegetarian food in Mexico. This is what we found.
- What is in a traditional Greek salad? Don’t you dare start with “lettuce.”
- Ready for Fourth of July weekend? Check out our last-minute grilling tips.
- Want to learn how to make hot dogs at home? Look no further.
- It’s the summer of frozé! Allow us to explain.
- Amuse your bouche: What is a verrine?
- Presenting Zagat’s 30 Under 30 list in NYC for 2016.
- Spicy shellfish: How to make Korean chili crab.