Video: There Is Real Science Behind Food Comas
Dr. Billy Goldberg makes a very strong case
Last week may have been Healthy Living Week on Food Republic, but that doesn’t mean we’re done dropping the health-related knowledge on you. Here’s a clip from The Dose with Dr. Billy Goldberg — a production of Food Republic parent company Zero Point Zer0.
Despite the seemingly comical name, this is actually a medically recognized condition known as post-prandial somnolence. Say that three times with a Mission-style burrito stuffed in your mouth. In this video clip, Dr. Goldberg explains to Mark Leyner the science behind the post-feast nap. And, surprisingly, turkey (packed with all that mythic Tryptophan) is not enemy number one.
Read more healthy living storires on Food Republic:
- Salad Is Healthy, Fun, Tastes Really Good. And Sweetgreen Is Just Getting Started
- 5 Spas And Resorts To Improve Your Health, And Eat Well While Doing So
- Video: Are Blueberries The Key To Incredible Memory?
- A Generation Of Fatheads: 10 Diets That Will Help You Lose Weight, Might Kill You
- How 8 Chefs Stay Healthy, Happy And Drink Way More Green Juice Than You
- 15 Cooking Products And Books For A Healthier Kitchen Existence
- Healthy Living Week Called. It Has 7 Tofu Recipes For You