10 Ideas For A Beat The Heat Dinner Tonight, Starring Vinegar
Jul 15, 2013 1:01 pm
The tart, the pickled, the sour, the awesome.
A little vinegar spike is exactly what we need to cool down, as is proven by science. The cooling effects of these light, tart dishes is sure to bring the temperature down to a tolerable simmer. That pickled shrimp makes a hell of a cocktail on ice. Peruse this selection of tested and approved summer dishes and save the beef and cheese-stuffed stuff for when you've got actual heat to generate and conserve.
- Salt 'n Vinegar Roasted Potatoes
- Pickled Feta With Cerignola Olives And Strawberries
- Eggplant Caponata
- Radish and Citrus Salad with Candied Shallots
- Pickled Shrimp with Fennel
- Basic Sherry Wine Vinaigrette
- Balsamic-Glazed Squab, Crushed Clementine And Grits
- South Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Chinese Cabbage
- Sriracha-Honey Wings
Bonus drinks: Any of our excellent shrub recipes
More ideas for dinner on Food Republic:
Food Republic Newsletter
New cookbook aims to debunk edible marijuana myths
Watch out, fancy ramen, KOA's sorba noodles rock!
Introducing the No. 7 Vans Classic Slip-On
Stop everything and start deep-frying scallions
Meet notNeutral, innovators of coffee drinkware
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise