This morning, Bravo announced the contestant lineup for season five of Top Chef Masters. Curtis Stone remains as the host and Gail Simmons will serve as head critic, with the first episode slated to air July 24. The stakes remain pretty much the same. Each chef competes for a $100,000 donation for their favorite charity. You may recall that Chris Cosentino, arguably the world’s most competitive chef, won last year.
As always, the lineup is packed with bold-faced names and a few underdogs. Bryan Voltaggio is the first former Top Chef contestant to compete on the senior circuit —in 2009 he was runner-up to his brother Michael, so we have to place his as an early favorite. The complete lineup includes:
- Franklin Becker
- David Burke
- Lynn Crawford
- Odette Fada
- Neal Fraser
- Jennifer Jasinski
- Douglas Keane
- Jenn Louis
- Richard Sandoval
- Bryan Voltaggio
- Herbert Wilson
- Sang Yoon
- Sue Zemanick
Over the years we’ve covered many of the chefs. Here are some of our favorite stories:
- Inside Sang Yoon's Test Kitchen
- Mexico: 36 Hours With Chef Richard Sandoval. Tequila Involved.
- Bryan Voltaggio: The Forgotten Voltaggio Brother
- Neal Fraser Is Here To Promise You 'An Elevated Wiener Experience'
- David Burke Is Firmly On The Greek Yogurt Bandwagon
- Jenn Louis Went To Los Angeles To Shoot Guns And Eat Tacos In Silver Lake
- Franklin Becker's Whole Head Roasted Cauliflower Recipe