London: CRAFT, A Collective Of International All-Star Chefs. Coolest Pop-Up Ever?
Six nights, six superstar chefs, to showcase CRAFT
Portuguese chef Nuno Mendes is bringing a collective of world-class chefs to his London restaurant, Viajante. For each night from April 25 to May 1, the Michelin-starred Mendes will host an acclaimed chef from a different part of the globe as part of a collective he's calling CRAFT, with the goal of showcasing "the idea that thoughtfulness can be tasted."
Mendes hopes to bring contrasting viewpoints to the table, with each of the six chefs possessing different backgrounds, influences and styles. Among the renowned figures cooking alongside Mendes are Gastón Acurio of Peru and Andre Chiang of Singapore, both of whom have restaurants on The World’s Best list. Additional participants include Kobe Desramaults of Belgium (who we've featured in our FR Interview series) and Danish chef Rasmus Kofoed, the only man in the world to hold a gold, silver and bronze medal from Bocuse d’Or.
If you're planning on being in London this spring, better get one or more of these nights on your agenda. Tickets for each night of the CRAFT collective are £135 for an 8-course tasting menu, not including wine, and go on sale on March 27. They can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full lineup follows:
- José Avillez of Restaurante Belcanto (Portugal), Thursday April 25 – Dinner
- Eneko Atxa of Azurmendi (Spain), Friday April 26 – Dinner
- Kobe Desramaults of In De Wulf (Belgium), Saturday April 27 - Dinner
- Gaston Acurio of Astrid y Gaston (Peru), Sunday April 28 - Lunch and Dinner
- Rasmus Kofoed of Geranium (Copenhagen), Tuesday April 30 - Dinner
- Andre Chaing of Restaurant Andre (Singapore), Wednesday May 1 - Dinner