How-Tos For Last-Minute Thanksgiving Prep
Check out our foolproof step-by-step guides
If you're preparing to cook Thanksgiving you're in one of three schools of thought right now. 1. I can do this, I've been following Food Republic's practice Thanksgiving guides. 2. I might be able to do this, how hard could it be? 3. I'm f*cking freaking out right now, guys. How long does it take a turkey to thaw? For those of you in the third school of thought, please remove your birds from your freezers six hours ago and place them in an appropriate thawing environment.
Here are some more important components of tomorrow night's dinner, in order of most to least relevent, in step-by-step format. Hey, you never know when you'll need to freshen your Old-Fashioned. It's beautiful stuff.
- How To Brine a Turkey In 8 Easy Steps (hurry, you don't have much time!)
- How To Make A Compound Butter
- How To Make An Herb Basting Brush
- How To Carve A Turkey
- How To Sabre A Champagne Bottle (to celebrate proper carving)
- 35 Ways To Mix An Old-Fashioned (to celebrate finishing the champagne)
- How To Make Chicken Liver Mousse (pairs nicely with either)
Now it's a party.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »