I have a friend who makes two batches of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving every year: with lumps for the lump-lovers and without for the smooth sailors. Might I make a suggestion? Make the lumps out of kale, and the smooth sailors might change their song of the sea.
I’ve gathered our five most appropriate Thanksgiving potato recipes for you to practice on a great steak or other pre-bird entreé. They’re simple and to the point, with just a smattering of potatoes’ favorite accents.
- Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Kale
- Easy Roasted Potatoes With Garlic
- Potatoes With Creme Fraiche and Caviar
- Salt ‘n Vinegar Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Galettes With Sage
Lumps or no lumps? I think the question should be: “Sage or caviar?”
More Thanksgiving recipes in advance on Food Republic: