Grilled Avocado with Quinoa Salad Recipe
Vegan grilled avocados are so delicious!
This recipe is a great way we use fresh California avocados at George's At The Cove, especially since they're in season right now. Grilling avocados is something people don’t usually think of, but it’s a great addition to your avocado cooking repertoire.
This salad is perfect to offer on a buffet as an appetizer or vegetarian option, or as a simple healthy meal at home. The acid from the citrus, tomatoes and vinaigrette combined with nutty quinoa and the creamy grilled avocado is a perfect balance for a warm summer meal.
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- In a medium sauce pot of boiling water cook the quinoa until tender, about 10 minutes, drain in a fine sieve, rinse under cold water and leave to dry.
- Place the smashed garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and some salt in a small bowl and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally. Remove the garlic and whisk in the olive oil.
- Brush the avocados with the oil and place on the grill, cut side down, grill until charred and remove.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss well, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill the half-avocados and serve.