Happy tomato glut! It’s about time fresh tomatoes served a purpose other than paperweights or sources of introspective conversation on the state of our food system. Hoard those big juicy beasts in all their colorful, luscious glory with these simple vegetarian tomato recipes. It’s hot out there.
Okay, we hear you. Less talky, more capresey.
- Heirloom Caprese Salad with Burrata
- Spicy Eggplant, Tomato and Garlic Salad
- Tomato, Brie and Egg Crostini
- Stuffed Tomatoes with Gruyère
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta with Basil
Unsheath your antique serrated knife and unleash your inner ninja. That kind of stealthy attitude will keep the tomato’s delicious innards from running all over the cutting board.
More summer food roundups on Food Republic: