The only way you’ll get to the end of your Cinco de Mayo fiesta in one piece is with plenty of hearty Mexican food. We’ve hand-selected our very favorite Mexican recipes for this glorious day of victory. Plus now that Puebla’s been in good shape for quite some time now, they’ve amassed quite the eating culture. Pay tribute to all things tangy, savory, cheesy, spicy and fried with our 10 favorite south of the border specialties.
- Scorpion Bar’s Spicy Salsa
- Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
- Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas
- Tomatillo and Chile Wings in Corn Husks
- The San Diego Padres’ Smoked Pork Belly Carnitas Tacos
- Tacos al Pastor With Pineapple Salsa
- And a mole poblano sauce that doesn’t take three days to make and works magic on all of the above.
Oh, and if you’re in need of a new Cinco de Mayo drinking song, we’ve got you covered.