Sides For Your Sunday Roast Chicken
You are roasting a chicken today, right?
Making dinner on Sunday night is a family tradition for some, and an ambitous undertaking for others. Thankfully there's always roast chicken and its accompanying sides, a.k.a. the easiest and possibly best Sunday dinner ever. Everyone is fed and happy, there are usually leftovers (chicken salad, here we come) and clean-up involves chucking the foil you lined the baking pan with. Have we convinced you? Maybe these perfect roast chicken side dishes will help.
- Kill two birds with one stone (get it?) If you have an organic chicken, reserve the tasty innards and make Brussels Sprouts with Fried Chicken Liver.
- Follow our foolproof recipe for mashed potatoes, and add fresh herbs, cheese, chopped scallions or whatever else strikes your fancy. Bacon, perhaps?
- Tired of breaking down whole heads of cauliflower? Try this recipe for a Whole Head Roasted Cauliflower.
- Macaroni and cheese is a classic side to all things roasted in the oven. Our favorite recipe has veggies baked right in. Third step, eliminated.
- And since it's spring and dandelion greens won't be around forever, hunt a duck, render its delicious fat and stir-fry some greens. The chicken won't be threatened, we promise.
And may your white meat remain moist (which it will if you follow the super-easy four step recipe).