Photos: A Taste Of London With Beefeater 24
Toasting all things London at Ginny's Supper Club
We brought the never-ending party that is Getting Pissed In London Week to an actual party last night. Teaming up with Beefeater 24 is never a bad idea, particularly when bites of Marcus Samuelsson's British-themed food are making their rounds. At Food Republic, we know that bangers and mash on a stick is the proper hors d'oeuvre to pair with a highball of gin and citrus. Who's with us?
Food Republic took over Red Rooster's brand-spanking new downstairs venue, Ginny's Supper Club, to ply our friends with the true spirit of London. While a traditional English pub it is not, Ginny's low lighting, lengthy and easily-accessed bar, and constant flow of addictively refreshing Beefeater cocktails made us feel like we were right back in the smoke.
If you weren't in attendance, we'd still like to provide you a buzz. Try a few of last night's cocktails — cheers!
The Oceanside Fizz
- 2 oz Beefeater 24 gin
- .75 oz Lime
- .75 oz Simple syrup
- 6-8 Mint leaves
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Dash Celery Bitters
- Top Soda
- Muddle ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a highball.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Horse & Carriage Punch for Six
- 6 oz Beefeater 24 gin
- 3 oz Combier triple sec
- 3 oz St-Germain
- 6 oz Lemon juice
- 10 oz Chamomile tea
- 8 oz Sparkling wine
- 3 tbsp Citrus sugar
- Dissolve sugar in the lemon juice in a punch bowl.
- Chill the other ingredients (except sparkling wine) over ice.
- Strain into bowl and add a large ice cube.
- Add sparkling wine and garnishes
- Serve with punch glasses on the side with 1 ice cube in each
- Lemon wheels, orange slices, pineapple slices, rose petals, other seasonal fruit/berries