Espresso Maple Bacon Recipe
Mar 4, 2012 10:01 am
Would you like some coffee with your bacon?
1/2 pound thick-cut nitrate-free bacon (approximately 6-8 slices)
1/4 cup Toby's Maple syrup (recipe below)
1/2 cup pure Vermont Maple Syrup
6 whole cardamom pods
- Stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- Add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
For the Bacon:
- Lay the bacon out on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven, turning once until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan. Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the Espresso - Maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Level of Difficulty:
10 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration
Food Republic Newsletter
A hypnotizing vegetarian tart packed with flavor
When will Havana Club be sold in American stores?
The traditional Italian seafood feast, consolidated
An assortment of gadgets for any kitchen lover
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise