Espresso Maple Bacon Recipe
Mar 4, 2012 11:01 am
Would you like some coffee with your bacon?
1/2 pound thick-cut nitrate-free bacon (approximately 6-8 slices)
1/4 cup Toby's Maple syrup (recipe below)
1/2 cup pure Vermont Maple Syrup
6 whole cardamom pods
- Stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- Add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
For the Bacon:
- Lay the bacon out on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven, turning once until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan. Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the Espresso - Maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Level of Difficulty:
10 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration
Food Republic Newsletter
Helen Cho emerges from a somaek-induced haze
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Small batch isn’t just a buzzword. It’s the now.
New cookbook aims to debunk edible marijuana myths
Six contenders in the coveted design categories
The nation’s capital is fast becoming a food mecca