Easy Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
You only need one recipe for blueberry pancakes
Let's do some word association. Pancake fruit! If the first thing that came to your mind was blueberry, our theory is correct. Blueberry pancakes are the most popular variation of pancake. If you answered banana, sit tight for a week — it's coming. Your answer is not incorrect. If you answered chocolate chip, we plain old like the way you think.
Making blueberry pancakes is as easy as adding blueberries to our perfect pancake recipe, which we've included below for your convenience. These freeze really well, so make a huge batch and eat them all week for breakfast.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the blueberries. Gently stir until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough. Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It's hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.