New Potato Rendang & Green Beans Recipe
A delicious vegan curried side dish or small plate
Add some Malaysian flavors to your life with this addictively spicy potato experience. Rendang is a special kind of curry in which a main ingredient is slowly cooked in spicy coconut milk until the sauce is deeply reduced. Tender new potatoes absorb the spice-infused coconut sauce and cook down to lush, citrusy perfection.
- In a coffee grinder or mini chopper, combine the chile, shallot, ginger, garlic, lime and lemon zests, turmeric and cloves. Process to puree them to a smooth paste. If needed, add a little of the coconut milk to help it puree.
- Transfer the paste to a large frying pan, and stir in the coconut milk. Add the potatoes and bring them to a simmer, stirring. Cover and check often, stirring and adding water as needed to keep the potatoes from sticking.
- When the potatoes are almost tender, add the beans, carrot, tamari, and salt and keep stirring.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce is completely thick and coats the vegetables.
- Squeeze half of the zested lime over the vegetables, taste, and add more as desired. Serve hot.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »