Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Our classic chili recipe is super easy to make
If there's one classic recipe every man needs to have ready at hand, it's chili. A slow-cooker or crockpot will make this already simplified dish even easier, but a nice heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid will do the trick as well. Break this recipe out for your next tailgate or even dinner date (chicks love a man who can cook) for a hearty, universally pleasing entree (sorry, vegetarians), perfect served over equally easy-to-make rice.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef, breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon.
- When no more pink remains, drain off excess fat, leaving one tablespoon in the pan. Transfer cooked beef to a large bowl and set aside. Return pan to stove.
- Saute onions, bell pepper, jalapeño and cumin until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer meat, onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, tomatoes with juices reserved, beans, salt, chili powder and cayenne to the slow-cooker, crockpot or heavy bottomed pot on the stove.
- Cover, set to low heat and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice or with cornbread with the toppings of your choice.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »