Easy Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Recipe
The killer breakfast side that moonlights at dinner
It's a simple equation: A cheese omelet, toast with butter, bacon, coffee, orange juice and these roasted potatoes with garlic equals a perfect breakfast. At least it does for me. It was also a can't-miss morning after breakfast back in my bachelor days. Even girls who avoided carbs like the plague would ask for seconds of these potatoes.
When roasted right, these spuds steal the show with a slightly nutty, toasty flavor and a texture that's crisp on the outside and pleasingly soft on the inside. They're waaaay less greasy than hash browns or home fries, but I've still found them to help hangover recovery. You can add a few sprigs of rosemary into the mix if you're into it, and I like to spice things up with a couple extra dashes of cayenne. Otherwise, it's an easy dish to help complete a breakfast or brunch — or make it at night as a quick side for fish or meat entrees.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a bowl
- Drop in cubed potatoes and coat in garlic-olive oil mixture
- Add salt and pepper, and dash of cayenne pepper
- Spread potatoes out evenly on baking dish or cookie sheet
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until fork-tender
- Finish under the broiler for crispiness, about 4 minutes