Cranberry Walnut Streusel Bars Recipe
You may want to make more cranberry sauce...
This recipe was featured on Gilt Taste, so you know it's good. You also know you still have leftover cranberry sauce in the fridge, and we know that repurposing that magenta goodness (which has stained so many shirts in the past 48 hours) into tasty breakfast bars is very good post-Thanksgiving karma. Leave these out for Santa, if that's your thing, and you just may get that electric scooter all the gift guides are raving about.
Our Orange-Cardamom Cranberry Sauce goes remarkably well with this recipe. Makes this perfect weekend dessert for family and friends that stick around for the whole holiday.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and pulse until mixture just comes together in one ball.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until crust is pale golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool.
- Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over the shortbread.
- To make the streusel, in a small bowl, whisk together the oats, sugar, walnuts, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Blend in the butter with your fingertips, forming pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle the streusel over the cranberry sauce.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »