Bacon Wrapped Trout with Pesto Recipe
Jun 20, 2011 2:01 pm
You know it's better with bacon
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
Servings: 4 servings
4 (6 ounce) fillets trout, skin on
2 tablespoons pesto, pre- made or bought
8 slices bacon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper. Rub each filet with pesto and wrap each with two slices of bacon.
- In a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat add the oil. When the oil is hot add the trout, skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes, until bacon is nicely browned.
- Turn the trout fillets over and place the entire pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over the cooked fillets and serve.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Ice cream's Italian cousin has some smooth moves
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Three brands get eco-friendly and fuss-free
In honor of Joffrey, Hound Fried Chicken shirts!
And if this guy says it, you'd better believe it
A vegetarian frittata recipe packed with flavor
Donut robots, vegan hotdogs. Food hits a long ball.
Chasing the dream one martini at a time