Bacon Wrapped Trout with Pesto Recipe
You know it's better with bacon
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper. Rub each filet with pesto and wrap each with two slices of bacon.
- In a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat add the oil. When the oil is hot add the trout, skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes, until bacon is nicely browned.
- Turn the trout fillets over and place the entire pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over the cooked fillets and serve.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »