How To Cook Rice
How to make perfect rice every time
Rice is a staple of many cuisines and is quick and easy to cook if you know what to do. There is no shame in using an electronic rice cooker, but our stovetop method for how to cook rice will give you perfect results every time. We'd give you troubleshooting advice, but seriously, just follow these instructions and your rice will be tight.
What you will need:
Measuring cup, water, pot with lid, salt, rice, wooden spoon, fork
What to do:
- For every cup of rice, you will need 1 3/4 cups of water. Pour the water into a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring the water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Add your rice to the boiling water.
- Cover the pot, and turn the heat to low. Let the rice simmer for about 18 minutes. Do not open the lid and check the rice. The rice doesn't want to see you now.
- Take the pot off the heat, but keep the lid on. Let the rice steam in the pot for another 5 minutes. Again, do not remove the lid or peek.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.