Kentucky Derby Recipes
Mint Juleps, Bourbon Ice Cream, and More
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, get ready for the running of the 137th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Will it be Uncle Mo, Dialled In, Stay Thirsty, Master of Hounds, or a longshot who'll strut into the winner's circle in just a few short hours.
Before the horses are on the track, you've still got time to mix up a last-minute Derby snack or two, and plenty of time to stock up on mint and bourbon for all those mint juleps you and your friends will be sipping in the lead-up to the greatest two minutes in sports.
What to make? We've got ya covered. Check out these Derby recipes from Food Republic:
- A bourbon-drenched variation on the Arnold Palmer
- A traditional mint julep
- or a moderne version of the mint julep—ooh la la
- Spicy boiled peanuts!
- A saucy twist on the Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich
- Ice cream made with bourbon? Yes please
- Bread pudding made with—you guessed it!—bourbon
- Our basic burger recipe, because burgers are always good
What's on your Derby Day menu? Or are you just ordering Domino's and dipping it in bourbon? Tell us about it in the comments.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »